The Committee of the Regions' #CohesionAlliance is organising a webinar to affirm cohesion as a fundamental value of the European Union and a key objective for all its policies and investment. The event will take place on 14 July from 12:00 to 13:30 CEST.
Europe's regions, cities and municipalities occupy an essential role in all aspects of life such as medical care and social welfare to citizens. This has been key to overcoming the effects of the COVID pandemic but the cost of this crisis has been huge. Regional and local investment capacity is now severely reduced.
- 12.00 – 12.05: Opening statement by Mr Apostolos Tzitzikostas, President of the European Committee of the Regions
- 12.05 – 12.15: Intervention of Ms Elisa Ferreira, European Commissioner in charge of Cohesion and Reforms
- 12.15 – 12.25: Intervention of Mr Younous Omarjee, Chair of the REGI Committee for the European Parliament
- 12.25 – 12.30: Intervention of Ms Isabelle Boudineau, Chair of the Commission for Territorial Cohesion Policy and EU Budget (COTER) of the European Committee of the Regions
12.30 – 13.00: Discussion with the European Associations of Regions, Cities and Regional Assemblies
- Intervention of Ms Ann-Sofi Backgren, President of the Association of European Border Regions (AEBR);
- Intervention of Ms Begoña Villacís, Member of Eurocities;
- Intervention, Ms Ilaria Bugetti, spokesperson for territorial development of the Council of European Municipalities and Regions (CEMR);
- Intervention of Mr Paula Fernández, Member of the Bureau of the Conference of Peripheral Maritime Regions (CPMR);
- Intervention of Mr Jean-Claude Marcourt, Chair of the working group on public investments of the Conference of European Regional Legislative Assemblies (CALRE).
- 13.00 – 13.20: Reaction of Ms Elisa Ferreira and Mr Younous Omarjee
- 13:20 – 13.30 Closing by Mr Apostolos Tzitzikostas 13.30 End of the meeting
A pdf version of the agenda can be found here.
For further information, please visit the webpage of the event. If you wish to learn more in the #CohesionAlliance, you can read their declaration (available on all EU languages on the webpage of the webinar).
To participate in the event, please click on this link at the exact time and date of the event.