EUROCITIES 2018 Edinburgh – ‘Creative Competitive Cities'.
The EUROCITIES awards recognise outstanding achievement by EUROCITIES members in the delivery of local activities or practices, which improve the quality of life for citizens and will be judged in the context of the theme of the annual conference. Entries are judged by an independent jury of five members: city expert, academia, EU institutions, media and NGO. Jury members change every year.
The EUROCITIES awards 2018 will showcase projects and actions undertaken by our members to foster ‘Creative Competitive Cities’. Culture and creativity are drivers for both European competitiveness and inclusion, and seen together with our Cities4Europe campaign, they enrich the quality of life of our citizens by ensuring their inclusion and prosperity. We are looking for entries in three categories: cooperation, innovation and participation.
• Cooperation: How cities create effective partnerships between city departments, stakeholders, private partners and other cities to harness creative talent and assets to generate cultural and creative opportunities for citizens. We are looking for projects that, for example, activate cooperation in the use of public spaces, or around creative events to support access to culture and skills development.
• Innovation: How cities use innovation across creative sectors and cultural heritage to give their city a competitive edge. We are looking for projects that, for example, encourage creative sector start-ups and an ‘entrepreneurial spirit’, or promote social innovation and inclusion through culture.
• Participation: How cities successfully engage citizens in shaping urban policy/city life or directly in the decision-making process through creative or cultural projects. We are looking for projects that, for example, promote social inclusion or educational opportunities or initiatives that engage young people or marginalised communities
Awards entry forms must be submitted by 31 May 2018, 12 noon CET. You can find the awards call with eligibility criteria and tips for applying and the entry form here
EUROCITIES is organising a series of webinars in April on the EUROCITIES 2018 awards.
Interested cities can join the webinars on:
- Thursday 12 April, 10:00 CET
- Tuesday 17 April. 10:00 CET
- Thursday 19 April, 10:00 CET
Shortlisted cities will be notified by 16 July and asked to make a short video about their project.
For more information, please contact:
Ciara Drohan, communications coordinator, EUROCITIES: firstname.lastname@example.org
Steve Vance, senior economic development officer, City of Edinburgh Council: email@example.com