EUROCITIES, the network of major European cities, is recruiting an event support officer to work under the supervision of the mobility project coordinator. The event support officer will work closely with the project coordinator and handle the organisation of the EUROPEANMOBILITYWEEK workshops and award ceremony. This is a replacement contract of three to four months, starting on 2 January 2019. EUROCITIES is an equal opportunity employer. At EUROCITIES we are committed to fair employment practices and encourage applications from people of all ethnicities, ages and genders, as well as those with disabilities. We strive to create a workforce that is as diverse as the cities we serve.
The event support officer will be responsible for managing the logistics of the annual gathering of EUROPEANMOBILITYWEEK national coordinators and local campaigners (around 120 people) taking place end March/early April in Brussels. Tasks include :
- manage registrations and requests from participants
- liaise with travel agencies and hotels to arrange participants’ travel and accommodation
- coordinate all the logistics with the event venue(s)
- ensure that catering and technical equipment is provided with quality standards
- take care of the production of badges, signposting, programmes and any other materials
- cooperate with the staff involved in the organisation of the event, including the European Commission – DG MOVE
- help speakers to organise interactive and dynamic sessions
- Previous experience in events logistics is an asset
- Capable of working independently as well as in a team
- Problem-solving attitude, attention to detail, initiative and self-motivating
- Good planning, organisation and coordination skills
- Fluent in English, good command of French or Dutch is an asset
- Excellent communication skills
- A 3-4 month replacement contract starting on 2 January 2019. End date to be confirmed
- Additional benefits (meal vouchers, pension plan, hospitalisation insurance, refund of public transportation costs, 13th month, éco-chèques)
- A dynamic and international environment
Applicants are requested to send a letter of motivation explaining their suitability for the position, together with a CV by 4 November 2018 at 17:00 to:
Patricia de Wouters
Email subject: Application event support officer
Interviews will be held the week of 19 November 2018.
EUROCITIES is an equal opportunity employer.