EUROCITIES, the network of major European cities, is recruiting a policy advisor in the field of migration and integration. He/she would ideally start in autumn 2019. EUROCITIES is an equal opportunity employer. At EUROCITIES we are committed to fair employment practices and encourage applications from people of all ethnicities, ages and genders, as well as those with disabilities. We strive to create a workforce that is as diverse as the cities we serve.
You will develop and support EUROCITIES policy work related to migration and integration within the social affairs forum work.
You will work under the supervision of the policy director at the EUROCITIES Brussels office.
In this role, you will:
- monitor, analyse and report on European policy developments in migration and asylum policy
- lead on EUROCITIES’ lobbying and advocacy work in migration and asylum policy, including the Urban Agenda and the Solidarity Cities initiative
- contributing to the implementation of the EaSI grant for social inclusion in cities
- provide policy support to migration and integration working group as well as other working groups of the EUROCITIES Social Affairs Forum by preparing policy briefings, policy papers, as well as organising and co-chairing meetings
- organise capacity building activities with members, such as mutual learning events, peer reviews, study visits
- undertake policy-oriented research such as identification, collection and analysis of good practices, preparing surveys and presenting results
- provide support to the overall coordination of the social affairs forum
- coordinate with EUROCITIES projects on migration
- monitor future funding opportunities in migration and asylum policy and contribute to the preparation of project proposals
- a master’s degree in social policies, social sciences, urban development, EU studies or related fields
- 4 to 6 years of relevant working experience in migration and integration policies as well as other social policies in the European context
- excellent knowledge of EU policies and programmes related to on migration and asylum policy
- proven experience in organising events and capacity building initiatives
- strong organisation and coordination skills
- ability to prioritise in a demanding environment
- a strong team player
- fluent in English and able to write clear and concise reports in English
- ability to write research papers and policy papers in a logical, clear and concise way
- good networking, influencing and negotiating abilities
- excellent political judgement
- ability to show initiative and self-motivation
- problem-solving approach
- flexibility to deal with multiple and changing priorities
- able to work autonomously and as part of a team
- experience of policy-oriented research
- experience in coordinating working groups and working in membership associations
- experience of working with local/city governments or public sector partners
- good command of French; other languages an advantage
- a full-time position in Brussels under Belgian contract
- an open-ended contract, ideally starting in the autumn 2019
- salary according to profile and experience
- additional benefits (meal vouchers, pension plan, hospitalisation insurance, public transport costs, 13th month, éco-chèques)
- training opportunities
- a dynamic international team
- a pleasant working environment
Applicants are requested to send a letter of motivation explaining their suitability for the position together with a CV with at least two referees (including your current or last employer) by COB Sunday 25 August 2019 to: Patricia de Wouters, HR coordinator, at email@example.com.
Please send the documents in pdf format and mention ‘policy advisor migration and integration’ in the subject line.
Interviews will be held in Brussels end of September.