On Europe day, one year after its official launch, it is now time to wrap up and celebrate our Cities4Europe – Europe for citizens campaign!
It has been a fantastic journey, in which we successfully:
- involved citizens in a dialogue about our common future
- inspired all levels of government to build societies where people come first
- made a positive impact on the way decisions are taken in Europe
- more than 90 participating cities which together govern more than 75 million citizens
- over 300 local events organised in 28 European countries
- 74 cities adopted the declaration on citizens engagement
- 18 citizens' panels on the future of Europe which engaged more than 1200 citizens - read the final report here
- 53 citizens' recommendations on future actions to be undertaken by the EU
- 60 mayors and local leaders took part in the mayors summit in Brussels to discuss a more positive future for Europe
- over 500 people attended the campaign launch event which took place on 7 May 2018 at the BOZAR museum in Brussels
- more than 1000 ‘My Europe in 2030 will…’ postcards received
- reinforced partnerships with European institutions and other stakeholders
- wide media and social media coverage throughout Europe
We have now realeased the Cities4Europe closing film. Feel free to share it via your communication channels!
Anna Lisa, Federico, Alice, Nicola and the entire EUROCITIES team would like to thank all partners and participating cities for the effort and enthusiasm you put into this campaign. None of these achievements would have been possible without your fantastic work!
Never stop involving, inspiring and making a positive impact in your city - and in our European society.
On behalf of the Cities4Europe team
Federico, Alice & Nicola